- School Life
Pembroke Hill students in early years through fifth grade are collecting items through November to use in assembling sack lunches for Harvesters.
Pembroke Hill students in early years through fifth grade are collecting items through November to use in assembling sack lunches for Harvesters. Bins are set up in the Hibschman Early Childhood Building, Primary Building and Intermediate Building to collect goods from now until Nov. 14.
Children in the lower school will put the sack lunches together in an assembly line format on Friday, Nov. 17, in the Primary Building basement on the Wornall Campus. Early childhood students are collecting goods for their building and will assemble the sacks in their classroom. The goal is to assemble 1,800 lunches.
"We are thrilled to be supporting Harvesters and the sack lunch program," said second grade teacher and organizer Alice Kroh. "It's a wonderful tradition at our school and we look forward each year to providing these sack lunches for those in need."
Below is a list of items being compiled for the sack lunches:
Early Childhood School
- Prairie and Sunset Rooms (Bridget Ward and Elisabeth McBee) - 5 per child: Small canned meat with self-opening top (tuna, chicken, or Vienna sausage)
- Jazz and Briarcliff Rooms (Kate Shirk and Cara Hennessy) - 4 per child: Pudding cup (non-refrigerated)
- Sunflower Class (Tai Downs) - Package of 12: Potato chips
- Fountain Class (Amy Josephson) - 10 per child: 100 percent fruit juice in boxes
- Parkview Class (Kit Smith) - 10 per child: Individual serving of crackers (cheese or peanut butter filling)
- Plaza Class (Madison Rommel) - 8 per child: Fruit cup with self-opening top
- Kindergarten - 12 per child: small canned meat with self-opening top (tuna, chicken or Vienna sausage)
- First grade - 12 per child: pudding cups (non-refrigerated)
- Second grade - individual packages of potato chips (12 or 24 packages)
- Third grade - 10 per child: 100 percent fruit juice in boxes only
- Fourth grade - 10 per child: individual servings of crackers (cheese or peanut butter filling)
- Fifth grade - 8 per child: fruit cup with self-opening top