• Four student from the Class of 2014 were
awarded National Merit Scholarships. Thirty-two percent of the Class of 2014 were
honored by the National Merit Scholarship Program, including 13 National Merit
semifinalists, 16 National Merit commended students and four National
Achievement semifinalists. Three students earned more than one honor.
• One student from the Class of 2014 was selected as a U.S. Presidential Scholar, one of 141 students nationwide to be named to this prestigious honor, for outstanding academic achievement.
• Seventeen percent of the Class Of 2014 scored in the top 1 percent on the PSAT; 37 percent scored in the top 5 percent; and 53 percent scored in the top 10 percent!
• The Pembroke Hill upper and middle school Science Olympiad teams competed in the national tournament in 2014. The middle school Science Olympiad team has qualified for nationals the last eight years and finished 13th in the nation this year; upper school has competed at nationals for the last 24 of 26 years.
• Forty upper school students earned the Presidential Community
Service Award in 2014 for completing over 100 hours of community service
in a single school year.
• Upper and middle school students received 65 Scholastic Art Awards in 2013, including 15 Gold Keys and two Gold Key Portfolios.
• Since 2000, PHS athletes have won 29 Missouri State Championships. The boys golf team won the Class 3 state championship in 2014.
• One upper school student earned a perfect score in the National French Award level 4A, in 2014. Twelve students earned a top 10 national ranking in the contest. Thirty-six upper school students were medalists for the National Spanish Exam.
• PHS middle school median scores on the challenging ERB tests are above the 90th percentile when compared to the national norms.