• Congratulations to the five upper school students, and 12 middle school students, who were awarded The President's Volunteer Service Award for completing over 50 hours of community service in a single school year.
• The Pembroke Hill upper and middle school Science Olympiad teams have a great legacy of competing in the national tournament. The upper school team has qualified for nationals the last 27 of 28 years! In 2018, the team secured 19th place in the tournament out of 60 schools. Additionally, the upper school was the highest placing independent school in the competition. Team members placed in the top half in 16 of 23 events including first place in ecology and thermodynamics, third place in Fermi questions, and fifth place in anatomy and physiology and dynamic planet. The middle school Science Olympiad team has qualified for nationals the last nine of 10 years.
• Thirty-one middle and upper school art students received regional Scholastic Art Awards in 2018. Twenty upper school students and 11 middle school students received 49 gold key, silver key and honorable mention awards through the regional competition.
• Since 2000, PHS athletes have won 32 Missouri State Championships. Since 2005, the following teams have won Missouri State Championships: Girls’ Basketball (2005-6); Girls’ Golf (2003-7); Girls’ Tennis (2005, 2014, 2018); Boys’ Golf (2006, 2011, 2014, 2015); Boys’ Lacrosse (2009); Boys’ Soccer (2005); Boys’ Tennis (2005-6, 2009-2012, 2017).
• In the Class of 2019, National Merit Scholarship Program honored 15 Pembroke Hill seniors as semifinalists and five seniors as commended students. Semifinalists represent fewer than 1 percent of U.S. high school seniors and include the highest-scoring students in each state.