- What does my child need to have completed before he/she can participate?
- Is Pembroke Hill in a conference?
- Is transportation provided?
- Can my child participate on an outside sports team and represent Pembroke Hill's sport team?
- Are there any stipulations regarding awards won outside the sports season?
- Does Pembroke Hill have an athletic trainer?
- What percentage of students are on an athletic team?
- Do your athletes play collegiately?
- How many sports teams do you have?
- Do you offer athletic scholarships?
Student-athletes are not allowed to participate on an outside team if that sport is being played at the same time as the sport for which they represent Pembroke Hill. For example, athletes cannot play on an AAU basketball team during Pembroke Hill’s basketball season. There are exceptions to this rule in swimming, golf and tennis. Contact the Athletic Director for specifics.
Student athletes can participate on outside teams while representing Pembroke Hill as long as the outside team is playing in a different sport. For example, a basketball player can play in a soccer league during basketball season. However, it is against the rules to miss any Pembroke Hill obligations due to the outside sport. For example, an athlete cannot miss a Saturday morning basketball practice to play in an indoor soccer tournament. If a violation like this were to occur, student-athletes put their eligibility at risk.