Three Pembroke Hill students won awards at the National Speech and Debate Tournament June 17-22, in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Seven speech and debate students performed extremely well at the National Speech and Debate Tournament June 17-22, in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Jillian Jetmore '18 was a semifinalist in the Informative Speaking competition and placed seventh overall. She was also named a National Student of the Year finalist.
- Junior Mulan Jiang was a semifinalist in Congress, where she received the Karl Mundt medal.
- Junior Pallavi Jonnalagadda advanced to the round of 60 (octafinals) in U.S. Extemporaneous Speaking. She also competed in Extemporaneous Debate where she placed in the top 100.
- Junior Audrey O'Shaughnessy finished in the top 70 in Informative Speaking.
- Janna Withrow '18 competed in Congress and finished in the top half of her legislative house.
- Sophomore Zara Johnson competed in the preliminary rounds of the Informative Speaking competition.
- Jane Markley '18 went 4-8 in Lincoln Douglas Debate.
Congratulations on a great trip, Raiders!