The varsity boys tennis team won the Class 1 District 14 championship and qualified five to sectionals. The varsity boys golf team competes in the Missouri Class 3 championships Monday and Tuesday. The varsity track and field team competed in the Class 3 District 8 championships on Saturday, May 11. The varsity baseball and girls soccer teams begin district play this week. These results and more highlight the Weekend Raider Update for May 13, 2019.
The varsity boys tennis team won the Class 1 District 14 championship over Barstow, 5-1, on Tuesday, May 6. On Saturday, May 11, the doubles team of seniors Nathan Turtledove and Logan Stevens won the district doubles crown. They defeated fellow Raiders sophomores Jimmy Andrews and Henry Stevens, who also move on to sectionals. Additionally, sophomore Aarav Yarlagadda finished in second place in the singles tournament and moves on to sectionals. Individual sectionals will be held Monday, May 13, in Odessa. Team sectionals will be held Saturday, May 18, in Marshall.
Track and Field
The varsity track and field team competed in the Class 3 District 8 championships Saturday, May 11, in Chillicothe. Here are the results:
- Sophomore Aidan Colligan - Eighth place (800m); 12th (3200m)
- Sophomore Jackson Hargroves - Sixth place (1600m & 3200m)
- Senior Gage Kent - Fifth place (pole vault)
- Freshman Anisa Arrington - Seventh place (100m)
- Sophomore Hadley Jetmore - First place and sectional qualifier (200m, 400m, pole vault)
- Sophomore Alice Guo - Sixth place (1600m)
- Girls 4x400m - Fourth place and sectional qualifier (Anisa, Hadley, Mia Randolph, Sophie van Zanten)
- Junior Michael Kim - Personal Record (100m)
- Sophomore Julian Nunez - Personal Record (200m)
- Freshman Savino Go - Personal Record (400m)
- Freshman Josh Shaw - Personal Record (Shot Put)
- Junior Clara Rabbani - Personal Record (100m)
The varsity boys golf team competes in the Missouri Class 3 state championships Monday and Tuesday, May 13-14. The team won the Class 3 Sectional 4 tournament Monday, May 6, at Excelsior Springs Golf Course. Freshman Ryan Lee and junior Robert Green tied for third place. Sophomore Eddie Fromm tied for 10th place.
The varsity baseball team defeated Olathe South in a tune up for districts, 6-2, on Friday, May 10. The top-seeded Raiders will play in the Class 4 District 4 championships Tuesday, May 14, at 4 p.m., at the Urban Youth Academy. An opponent is still to be determined.
The varsity girls soccer team lost to Smithville in its final game before the postseason, 4-0, on Tuesday, May 7. The top-seeded Raiders play Central Academy of Excellence in the Class 2 District 13 tournament Monday, May 13, at 5 p.m., at Center High School.
The varsity boys lacrosse will play in the postseason. Dates, times and opponents are still to be determined.