The winter sports postseason has come to a close. Scroll down below to see the results.
Boys and Girls Basketball
The varsity girls basketball team took second place in Class 4 District 15 championships Friday, March 1. The team lost to Lincoln College Preparatory Academy, 66-16, in the championship game. The team previously defeated KC East, 55-50, Monday, Feb. 25, and defeated Northeast, 35-26, on Saturday, Feb. 23.
The varsity boys basketball team lost to top-seeded Southeast, 72-31, in the Class 4 District 15 semifinals Tuesday, Feb. 26. The team previously defeated Kansas City East, 59-50, in the first round of district play.
The varsity dance team competed at the Missouri State Dance Team Association's state competition Friday and Saturday, Feb. 22-23, in St. Louis. The team took first place in the mix competition, and sixth place in the pom category.
Additionally, eight PHS dancers made the Academic All-State Team:
- Joanne De Pierre
- Karen Alba
- Emily Vega
- Ambika Elliott
- Louisa Gear
- Alaina Moskowitz
- Ryce Herron
- Dakotah Brown
Girls Swimming and Diving
The varsity girls swimming and diving team competed in 8 of the 12 events at the Missouri State Class 1 Swimming and Diving Championships Friday and Saturday, Feb. 15-16, in St. Louis. Freshman Audrey Lambert secured third place in the 100 yard breaststroke, the highest placement for a PHS swimmer or diver since 1991. She also lowered her own school record to 1:07.06. Audrey also placed ninth in the 200 yard individual medley and set a new school record (2:13.33).
Here is a list of the results:
- 100 yard breaststroke - Audrey Lambert (Third Place)
- 200 yard individual medley - Audrey Lambert (Ninth Place)
- 200 yard freestyle - Ella Palmet (24th Place)
- 500 yard freestyle - Ella Palmet (20th Place)
- One meter diving - Alexandra Copaken (25th Place)
- 200 yard medley relay - Emily Dickey, Audrey Lambert, Audrey Lu and Arrington Ossie (17th Place)
- 200 yard freestyle relay - Emily Dickey, Audrey Lu, Arrington Ossie and Ella Palmet (26th place)
- 400 yard freestyle relay - Emily Dickey, Audrey Lambert, Arrington Ossie and Ella Palmet (20th place)
The varsity wrestling team competed in the Missouri Class 2, District 4 Championships Saturday, Feb. 9, in Excelsior Springs. Unfortunately, the team did not qualify a wrestler to state.
Middle School Basketball
Congratulations to our five middle school basketball champions!
- Eighth grade boys basketball red team
- Eighth grade girls basketball red team
- Seventh grade girls basketball red team
- Sixth grade girls basketball red team
- Sixth grade girls basketball blue team