Congratulations to the six students who placed in the top 3 at the regional National History Day competition Feb. 27. They now advance to the state competition, with a chance to go to Washington, D.C. and compete at nationals.
- Second Place - Leila Hao - "Tiananmen Square"
- Third Place - Max Sprott - "Freedom Riders: Communications Without Violence"
- Third Place - Fritz Volini - "Scott Joplin: The King of Ragtime"
- First place - Caitlyn Huang - "Walt Disney: How a Man and His Mouse Changed Storytelling, A Key Form of Communication"
- First Place - Jimmy O'Connell - "Communications Between Japan and the United States in World War II: Lessons Learned on Achieving True Understanding"
- Third Place - Elan Jiang - "Influence of Paleolithic Cave Paintings on Ancient Communication in History"