The varsity boys golf team won the Class 4 State Championship. Trey Lambright/Topher Thornberry placed second at the Class 3 Individual State Doubles Championships, and the team defeated Rockhurst to move on to the team state semifinals. The track and field team earned 17 medals in the Class 3 sectionals in Warrensburg. The girls soccer team took second place in the Class 3 District 8 Championships. Here is your Weekend Raider Update for May 22, 2023.
The varsity boys golf completed its season in championship style, winning the Class 4 State Championship with a two-day team score of 611. Connor Wood was the top golfer for the Raiders, tying for 12th place and earning All-State honors.
Congratulations to these state champion golfers!
- Arnav Gupta
- Brody McCrary
- William Peryam
- Fritz Volini
- Connor Wood
Four members of the varsity boys tennis tennis team competed in the Class 3 Individual State Championships last Thursday and Friday in Springfield, Mo. The doubles team of Trey Lambright/Topher Thornberry played Priory in a back and forth match for the state crown. Priory won the first set, 7-5, with the Raiders roaring back with a commanding 6-3 second set. The boys played hard in the third set tiebreak, ultimately losing 10-5. Andy Greaves and Adam Bell played in the singles competition, losing in the first round and also in the consolation bracket.
The squad defeated Rockhurst, 5-0, to move on to the team state semifinals last Tuesday, May 16. It's the first time the team has defeated Rockhurst twice in one season in over 10 years, and ended their 28 year streak of making it to the state semifinals. The Class 3 Boys Tennis State Championships is Friday, May 26, starting at 9 a.m. The squad plays Marquette in the semifinals at 9 a.m.
Track and Field
Members of the track and field team competed in the Class 3 sectionals Saturday at Warrensburg High School, garnering 17 medals at the meet. Several personal records were set, and two school records were broken at the meet. Seven PHS athletes qualified for the state meet.
State Qualifiers (top four advance to state)
- Boys 4x100m relay - first place and new school record (Darin Conley, Devin Conley, Christian Jarrett, Adam Salem-Atia)
- Boys 4x200m relay - first place and new school record (Darin Conley, Devin Conley, Christian Jarrett, Adam Salem-Atia)
- Boys 100m - Adam Salem-Atia (first place)
- Boys 200m - Adam Salem-Atia (first place) and Devin Conley (second place)
- Boys Shot put - Darin Conley (second place)
- Boys Triple Jump - Darin Conley (second place)
- Boys 4x400m relay - fourth place (Max Casey, Christian Jarrett, Jack Lambert, Rocco Schiavone)
Also competing at sectionals:
- Boys 400m - Christian Jarrett (fifth place and new PR)
- Girls 1600m - Helen Hendricks (seventh place and new PR)
- Boys 1600m - Max Casey (seventh place and new PR)
- Girls 4x200m relay - seventh place (Alyssa Cox, Camille Cranshaw, Caroline Kroh, Blythe Shelley)
- Boys 3200m - Henry Pickert (seventh place and new PR)
- Girls 200m - Blythe Shelley (eighth place and new PR)
The varsity girls soccer team pushed Smithville to the limits in the Class 3 District 8 Championships Wednesday, May 17. The teams traded goals in regulation, with Ava Rasmus scoring for the Raiders. The match carried into overtime, with the Warriors scoring the winning the goal and defeating the Raider squad, 2-1.
The varsity boys lacrosse team faced rival Rockhurst in the Lacrosse Association of Kansas City's semifinals at home last Wednesday, May 17. The Raiders fell behind early and fought valiantly to the end, falling 16-4.
The varsity baseball team played Platte County in the Class 5 District 8 Championships at Creekside Baseball Complex in Parkville. The squad fell to the Pirates, 7-2.