Boys golfer Ryan Lee won state and indications are he set the state record with a two-day score of 133. Sophomore boys tennis player Trey Lambright finished in sixth in the state singles competition. The varsity track and field team qualified 12 to state. Here is your Weekend Raider Update for May 24, 2021.
Junior Ryan Lee won the Missouri Class 5 Boys Golf State Championship, held Monday and Tuesday, May 17-18, in Sedalia. Ryan shot a 7 under par 133, six strokes ahead of two Rockhurst golfers. Based on a review of the MSHSAA individual record book for boys golf, Ryan broke the state championship two-day record by one stroke, which had been held since 1976. Ryan also won the 2019 Class 3 state championship as a freshman.
Senior Grant Beichley shot at 4 over 144, tying for seventh place and earning All-State honors.
Sophomore Trey Lambright finished in sixth place at the Class 3 boys tennis singles championship Thursday and Friday, May 20-21. Senior Jimmy Andrews also competed in the singles tournament, tying for ninth place.
Track and Field
The upper school track and field team qualified 12 athletes (including relay alternates) to the Class 3 state championships next Saturday, May 29, in Jefferson City. The team competed at sectionals Saturday, May 22, in Odessa.
Top four qualify:
- Hadley Jetmore - first place (pole vault), second place (100m), second place (200m), first place (400m)
- Girls 4x100m relay - fourth place (Anisa Arrington, Sophie van Zanten, Elsa Wright, Joanne de Pierre)
- Darin Conley - first place (Triple Jump), fourth place (discus), fourth place (shot put).
- Devin Conley - second place (100m)
- Aidan Lacy - second place (200m and 400m)
- Boys 4x100m relay - fourth place (Aiden Lacy, Devin Conley, Quinton Conley, Darin Conley)
- Girls 4x200m relay - seventh place (Anisa Arrington, Sophie van Zanten, Elsa Wright, Joanne de Pierre - set a new school record 1:50.32)
- Sophie van Zanten - fifth place (long jump)
- Preya Nguyen - eighth place (long jump)
- Girls 4x800m relay - seventh place (Erin William, India Williams, Reaghan Gaffney, Sophia Ramos-season best time)
- Boys 4x800m relay - sixth place (Julian Nunez, Jackson Hargroves, Robert Read, Niko van Zanten-season best time)
The varsity baseball ended its season in the Class 5, District 8 semifinals, falling to Smithville, 14-3, last Friday, May 21. The team defeated Winnetonka in the first round, 8-0, last Tuesday, May 18.
The varsity girls soccer team lost its Class 4, District 14 opener to Notre Dame de Sion, 4-0, last Tuesday, May 18.
The varsity boys lacrosse team fell to Northland, 14-6, last Wednesday, May 19, in the Lacrosse Association of Kansas City (LAKC) tournament. The team ended the season, 9-4.