The varsity boys swimming and diving team tied for 10th place in the Class 1 state championships, its highest placement ever in the state competition. The varsity boys soccer team lost in the Class 3 state soccer semifinals. Here is your Weekend Raider Update for Nov. 16, 2020.
Boys Swimming and Diving
The varsity boys swimming and diving team scored its highest placement ever at the Missouri Class 1 state championships Saturday, Nov. 14, in St. Peters, Mo. The team tallied 71 points to tie for 10th place at state. Several swimmers came home with state medals, with many school records falling in the process. Congratulations, Raiders!
- Freshman Zachary Berg - sixth place (diving)
- Freshman Nicholas Frank - sixth place (100-yard backstroke-school record and All-American consideration time)
- 200-yard Individual Medley Relay Team (Nicholas Frank, sophomore Andrew Kim, freshman Tyler Sproull, senior Nick Trainor) - eighth place (new school record-first time ever on the podium)
- Nicholas Frank - ninth place (200-yard individual medley-school record)
- Nick Trainor - 13th place (50-yard freestyle-personal fastest time)
- 200-yard Freestyle Relay Team (Nicholas Frank, Andrew Kim, Tyler Sproull, Nick Trainor) - 13th place
- Nick Trainor - 15th place (200-yard freestyle-personal fastest time)
- 400-yard Freestyle Relay Team (junior Walter Brookby, Andrew Kim, junior Finn Sjue, Tyler Sproull) - 23rd place
The varsity boys soccer team was edged out by Notre Dame (Cape Girardeau), 1-0, in the Class 3 state semifinals Saturday, Nov. 14, at Rockhurst High School. Congratulations on a great season, Raiders!