The varsity boys soccer team won at sectionals and will play in the state quarterfinals on Tuesday. The varsity boys cross country team and three girls cross country runners competed at state. The varsity football team lost to top-seeded Odessa in the district semifinals. The boys swimming and diving team competed in a modified Interscholastic League Championships last week, and several swimmers and divers will compete in state this week. Here is your Weekend Raider Update for Nov. 9, 2020.
The varsity boys soccer team needed just one goal by senior Liam Weaver to defeat Smithville in the Class 3 sectionals, 1-0. The team will play Van Horn in the state quarterfinals Tuesday, Nov. 10, at 5:30 p.m., at Swope Soccer Village.
The varsity boys cross country team and three members of the girls team raced at the Class 3 state championships last Thursday, Nov. 6, in Columbia, Mo. The boys team finished in 14th place overall in the competition. Individually, here are the placements for each runner:
- Jackson Hargroves - 56th place
- Jackson Chu - 80th place
- Andrew Greaves - 114th place
- William Greaves - 121st place
- Max Sproull - 126th place
- Aidan Colligan - 137th place
Julian Nunez also ran at state.
- India Williams - 106th place
- Alice Guo - 108th place
- Ella Palmet - 110th place
The varsity football team ended its run to the Class 3 state championships in the district semifinals, losing to Odessa, 35-9. Congratulations on a great season, Raiders!
Boys Swimming and Diving
The varsity boys swimming and diving team competed at a modified Interscholastic League Championships between the Raiders, Rockhurst and St. Pius X last Tuesday, Nov. 3, placing second in the competition. Additionally, state swimmers and divers were revealed on Sunday. Those who will be competing in the Class 1 state championships are:
- Zach Berg - Diving
- Nick Trainor - 50- and 100-yard freestyle
- Nicholas Frank - 200-yard individual medley and 100-yard backstroke
- 200-yard freestyle relay team (Nicholas Frank, Andrew Kim, Tyler Sproull and Nick Trainor)
- 200-yard medley relay team (Nicholas Frank, Andrew Kim, Tyler Sproull and Nick Trainor)
- 400-yard freestyle relay team (Walter Brookby, Andrew Kim, Finn Sjue and Tyler Sproull)
The Class 1 state championships will be held Saturday, Nov. 14, at the City of St. Peters (Mo.) Rec-Plex.